Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first authentic wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 most people are
needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, which are created to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details are available at drinklucid.com but here are several facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It gets its green color from whole herbs rather than synthetic colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was created by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe comprised vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they’d all pass US restrictions (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid includes a very exclusive black bottle with green cat’s eyes inspired by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In line with the Lucid website it could be bought throughout the United States so you should be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also has a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another great means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are incredibly economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that produces a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits produce 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they are a fantastic buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you’ve got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is famous.
Essences are a good option to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to work with too.